Monday, October 1, 2007

It was WICKED awesome!

So we had a "wicked" time in NYC. I'm still trying to recover, catch up, clean up, unpack and a million other things but oh well. Let alone the hours I spent getting current on everyone's blogs!

So first of all, you know how if you ever screwed up when you were younger, you'd get the ole' PARENT CURSE...."I hope you have a child just like you one day!" Well, seriously, I never really screwed up being the perfect child I was (well I might have had a party when my parents were gone once....but that was the ONLY thing I ever did wrong :), what I did do was a lot of "puking up." So, apparently my parents still deemed me worthy of the curse. And let me just say it is one thing to have a child that throws up in the comfort of your own home but while traveling...that just doesn't WORK. We were already running low on spare clothing because I decided it was going to be winter in NYC, when in fact it was actually HUMID and HOT HOT HOT!! So for no reason at all Max decided that every night, including the plane ride home he would puke like clock work and then be as happy as can be. So with that out of my system...the rest of the trip was FANTASTIC. The kids were great and put up with our sight seeing frenzy really well.

I won't list the million things we did because basically if you can do it...we mostly likely did it. I will mention WICKED because it was the absolute highlight for me. The soundtrack has been playing non stop and since I'm still working on Ted to memorize the lyrics I'm left to belt out all duets and parts single handedly. Sunday, while Ted was preparing to teach his lesson I went in to ask him a question and noticed he was wearing ear plugs, RUDE! Today Jack kept saying "Mom you're just too loud....Maaahhom I said you're TOO LOUD!"
**CHEESY ALERT**
I get chills and tear up every time I listen to "For Good." It just make me think of the people who have touched my life, some from highschool, college and my mission that I know I'll probably never see again, at least on earth. I love the part in the song when Elphaba sings:
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend

Anyway, I think this is the most typing I have ever done on my blog. So I'll just post my slideshow that includes 1/6 of the pictures.



p.s. just for the record I was not wearing SHORT overalls in those 90's pix of me in NYC it was an OVERALL dress. BIG difference people...HUGE!

11 comments:

Emily R said...

SOOO cute! i love all the pics!!! glad you had fun! i loved wicked too!, and i love that song for good - seriously, i think that trumps BOTH "thats what friends are for" and "friends forever" (those tearjerker songs from the 80s)
ANYWAYS, glad you are back blogging! you take the best pictures EVER!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm so jealous! Love the slideshow!! Wicked ROCKS!! Tell Ted to get working on those parts...I want a show! Good Times!

Elena said...

Wow - I'm green with jealousy! Seriously, that trip looks like the trip of a lifetime. Sorry about the puking, but someone had to do it. I'm glad you had fun. The slide show was great. And I'll have to see what the Wicked fuss is all about.

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

seeing all those pictures makes me MISS NYC so much.. That is seriously one of my FAVORITE places to go. I could almost smell the subway and the delicious NYC food.. Kinishes, Pizza, Pretzels, Bagels, Street Hot Dogs, YUMM... and even though i dont like nuts the smell of the roasting NUTS from the vendors.... LOVE the beautiful architecture (sp?) and just the fun places like Radio City, Time Square, the Late Show, Statue of Liberty, etc... I am so jealous you got to see WICKED (my favorite musical EVER... I love it more than Phantom or Les Mis) Love the song and I am with you I totally think of all the wonderful people in my life when I hear that song. I know it sounds creapy but I think it is a good FUNERAL song. but whatever..
I am totally NOT jealous however of your flight with the PUKE and the mean lady who was rude to you... I cant believe you didn't blog about that... and the daily puke sessions.. YUCKKKK!! Love ya and I am glad you are back to the blogging...
I have some stuff for the Treat Tree when you are ready...
Reese's FUDGE that is HEAVENLY!!!

Lydia said...

Yay, you're back! I still have never seen Wicked but I love all the songs! And to state the obvious...love all the pics!

The Steenhoek Clan said...

LOVE the slide show. I can see why so many people pay you to take their pictures. You have a great talent, Jen! Glad you had fun in NYC!

Callie said...

that looks like you had a blast and did a ton of stuff!? some great pictures, what was the one of the teal house? I want to go to NY! and see wicked and the M&M factory! well, glad your back!

Beth said...

Amazing pictures!! Looks like a VERY cool trip and definitely a place I want to visit some day... :) And, as always, I LOOOOOOVE your photography.

Frisby Family said...

So I am finally figuring out the whole blog thing. Your NY pictures are great! It looks like you had a blast. Your boys are so adorable! I can't believe how big Jack is getting, and I haven't even seen Max. It will be fun to get all the girls together.

Heather said...

I wish I could have experienced "Wicked" with you. I've seen it twice with Aimee. I love sing-a-longs, so I hope we have some when I come to visit, prepare to sing all of Ga-linda's parts :). Maya and I listen to the soundtrack all the time. My favorites are...."Loathing"(love the harmonies) and also "For Good"(it makes me tear up everytime...I say "ditto" to what you said about it).

Cherry Allen said...

I am speechless Jen!! You give me the chills!!! You are incredible...