(please do not read if you are a perfect Mormon)
Sunday I'm sitting in Ward Council and the Bishop casually mentions something about our meeting time at 1:00pm AGAIN next year. I shake my head thinking maybe my ears heard that wrong. Clearly, I thought I heard that wrong, seeing how we've already had the joy of meeting at that glorious hour this year. The entire room must have been privy to this information before me since I was the only one in the room with my jaw to the floor. Then in a louder voice then normal...I managed to get out "What the heck?" What I really wanted to say was "What the hell?" But I refrained for obvious reasons. I'm sure we're already labeled as the "potty mouth" family anyway after Jack's previous outburst in sunbeams. So after much thought, Ted and I have narrowed our choices down to these:
A. Stop going to church
B. Join another church
C. Go to a different ward
D. Suck it up and stop complaining
I know, I know, some people like that time. But here at the Turk house...we hate it! So don't leave a comment on how great that time is and how much you love it, because I'm still kind of bugged and I don't want to hear it.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
(please do not read if you are a perfect Mormon)
Friday, November 23, 2007
Last week Ted and I had the craziest 48 hours...
3:45am - get up, get ready, head to the airport.
7:05am - Land and begin the search for my B-day breakfast at IHOP
8:00am- Located IHOP proceeded to stuff my face
9:30am- Disneyland....Yahoo...BIG KID RIDES baby!
3:45pm -Balboa Island engagement shoot
6:30pm - Dinner with friends
11:00pm- BED (finally)
Wedding all DAY (Ted went to Disneyland again with his brother Gabe & Fam)
3:45 am- get up, get ready, head to airport
11:00am- get home, give the boys hugs and kisses, shower.
1:00pm- back to SLC for another all day wedding
Okay I realize that was a little more than 48 hours but the other number didn't sound as dramatic :)
If you couldn't tell the chick with her hand in the air is me. I would have had both but my hat started to blow off. Cruella needed a beautiful model so logically she picked that hot hunk of burning love :)
Dinner with some of my good friends from Laguna. We missed you Shannon & Shelle. (Sorry about the flame coming out of your head Andy)
I know this picture is blurry, but it was with our PnS and the flash just washed out the whole ambiance so this is what you get. They were awesome, we just missed most of the dinner conversation because the volume was SOOOO loud. Yikes, I think I'm getting old...did I just say the volume was too loud? Yep...definitely another year older :)
posted by Jennifer at 10:28 PM
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Today is Max's FIRST birthday which we celebrated last night with our family.
This was the FIRST moment today Max got to play with his birthday toys all by himself without his BIG brother hogging everything.
Max's FIRST steps on his FIRST birthday!
His FIRST fall of many as he starts learning to walk.
And finally Max's FIRST disaster. Guess it's time to move all my breakable stuff back up high again. Whoops.
I can't believe it's already been a year since this little guy was born. He is such a TURCSANSKI and we love him!
posted by Jennifer at 9:24 PM
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Thanks a lot Kristin! Don't you know I'm really not that interesting anymore. So here are "7 interesting facts" that I had to turn back the clock a bit for....
1. Yes folks that beauty was mine Sophomore year of college. See the deal was my dad said he would match what I made that summer I was home from school. So I saved every dime and at the end of the summer my dad showed up with a NEW proposition: I get this sweet Cadi (some client gave him to pay for a job) and I get to keep the money I made. Hmmm, I was a little embarrassed but then I remembered I drove an El Camino in High School! So I took the leather seats and power windows to snowy Utah. Much to my surprise it ended up being a hit with the guys. Anytime we did ANYTHING we had to take my Cadi. My friends would call it the "Pimp Daddy Cadi."
2. I love playing the guitar and writing silly songs. Since I was single for SOOOO long I felt it was only fitting I write a song about Christmas and being single. It was the number 1 hit on the family charts!! So EVERY freaking family Christmas party they made me sing it. Like it wasn't bad enough I was single for yet another year they still wanted to hear it.
When Ted and I got married I couldn't write bitter girl songs anymore so I wrote him a love song and sang it at our wedding luncheon. It was still silly... just not bitter.
3. Somewhere in my crazy head I thought I was born to be an ice skater. So at 24 years old I bought myself some white skates and took lessons. Seriously, are you laughing??? Well, just be glad I didn't put my competition video on here. You would pee your pants! Skate skirt and all.
4. I've finished (keyword finished) 5 marathons
5. I'm a "to-do" list junkie. I love lists, I love crossing things off, even if I already did the item and forgot to write it on my list, I'll put it on there just to get the satisfaction of crossing it off.
6. I raced on the Ski Team in college. I wasn't that great, I just loved the free season passes and fun trips we took when competing.
7. The last interesting fact about me is....I have a REALLY hard time saying NO to people. I think it is the people pleaser/oldest child in me. I look at it as a good thing most of the time.
So the truth is I really don't like doing these. I love reading them...don't get me wrong. I just don't like doing them. Sorry Kristin...you know I couldn't say no, I've got issues. So all of you...if you want to get tagged...YOU'RE IT!!! but you know you can say no. I just can't.
posted by Jennifer at 9:57 PM
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Unless Corndogs are on the menu Jack usually takes a little convincing to eat what I've prepared. I don't claim to be the best cook by any means but when I busted out the Potato Bar last night I thought it would be a hit! It wasn't. So it began....Take 5 bites Jack and then you can be done....Way to go! How about another? You are such a good eater. Wow, you're going to be so strong. Usually, I can sidetrack him enough to tack on another few bites without him knowing. Apparently, he is beating me at my own game and wasn't having any of the bonus bites I tried to sneak in. Midway through this process, he looked up at me and said...."Mom, this is just a waste of time."
posted by Jennifer at 2:12 PM