Sunday, November 11, 2007

I've been Tagged!

Thanks a lot Kristin! Don't you know I'm really not that interesting anymore. So here are "7 interesting facts" that I had to turn back the clock a bit for....

1. Yes folks that beauty was mine Sophomore year of college. See the deal was my dad said he would match what I made that summer I was home from school. So I saved every dime and at the end of the summer my dad showed up with a NEW proposition: I get this sweet Cadi (some client gave him to pay for a job) and I get to keep the money I made. Hmmm, I was a little embarrassed but then I remembered I drove an El Camino in High School! So I took the leather seats and power windows to snowy Utah. Much to my surprise it ended up being a hit with the guys. Anytime we did ANYTHING we had to take my Cadi. My friends would call it the "Pimp Daddy Cadi."
2. I love playing the guitar and writing silly songs. Since I was single for SOOOO long I felt it was only fitting I write a song about Christmas and being single. It was the number 1 hit on the family charts!! So EVERY freaking family Christmas party they made me sing it. Like it wasn't bad enough I was single for yet another year they still wanted to hear it.
When Ted and I got married I couldn't write bitter girl songs anymore so I wrote him a love song and sang it at our wedding luncheon. It was still silly... just not bitter.
3. Somewhere in my crazy head I thought I was born to be an ice skater. So at 24 years old I bought myself some white skates and took lessons. Seriously, are you laughing??? Well, just be glad I didn't put my competition video on here. You would pee your pants! Skate skirt and all.

4. I've finished (keyword finished) 5 marathons

5. I'm a "to-do" list junkie. I love lists, I love crossing things off, even if I already did the item and forgot to write it on my list, I'll put it on there just to get the satisfaction of crossing it off.

6. I raced on the Ski Team in college. I wasn't that great, I just loved the free season passes and fun trips we took when competing.

7. The last interesting fact about me is....I have a REALLY hard time saying NO to people. I think it is the people pleaser/oldest child in me. I look at it as a good thing most of the time.

So the truth is I really don't like doing these. I love reading them...don't get me wrong. I just don't like doing them. Sorry Kristin...you know I couldn't say no, I've got issues. So all of you...if you want to get tagged...YOU'RE IT!!! but you know you can say no. I just can't.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a good thing that you have a good memory! What fun to re-live some of those great moments in your most amazing life!

Anonymous said...

Oh, so the can't say no roped you in to a lot more than tending my kids. Sorry, I'll have to remember that, but really so glad you posted because I consider us pretty good friends and I didn't know any of those things about you. You had fun pictures and all. I love your hair at the Christmas party and 5 marathons!! You're an animal. Look how ripped you are!! We really need to go skiing together. I raced for the free pass as well, but I still haven't conquered moguls yet. They scare me just a bit to get in the rythm. Anyway--so glad to get to know you better. I wan't to hear some of your fun little ditty's on the guitar. I used to play, but ave picked it up maybe twice since gettting married. What is it about getting married that makes us give up all the cool things that made us who we once were? Anyway--so glad you posted your tag! Loved it!

Beth said...

WOW. Photographer, singer/songwriter, guitar player, skiier, ice skater, runner... GEESH. You're the perfect woman :)

Jennifer said...

I didn't say I was good at all those things. Just did them. And I'm faaaarrrr from perfect. Just ask my hubby. He'll vouch for me.

Emily R said...

ok, i lOVE that!!! i miss singing songs with you! i wish i had the motivation to finish marathons! you AMAZE me!

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

Jen... seriously READING this makes me TOTALLY MISS you.. When are we going to see you again. Sing the silly songs. play in the snow.. heck... I need your motivation to finish a 10K I plan on doing this thanksgiving. maybe next year I will try a 1/2 marathon and gradually build myself up to be as AMAZING as YOU!!

Tami Vincent said...

Wow! You are so radical. I think we all have had a vehicle like that some time in our lives. It just goes to show what a well rounded person you are.

Van Cott Family said...

crap! you say you're not interesting then come up with a list like that! let me tell you --you are fascinating and now I have been tagged too! Jen I now know my admiration for you is not imaginary! Keep it up! Oh that's right you are! :)
--Julie

Anonymous said...

Did Tami just say radical? that is totally tubular, dude!! Love you Tami and Jen your the best. If you need me to take your kids while you get ready for Disneyland I'll be home all day today!!

Anonymous said...

Jenn I would like to make an offer on the el camino de la hoya mobile. hit me up with a price. heh heh.......
Nate Laird

Lacey said...

Wow I've learned alot about you... ski team!!! I'm very impressed!

Anonymous said...

You are the hottest wife a guy could ask for!!------love ted