Sunday, July 29, 2007

Like Father Like Son! Opps!

Today...Sunday...which means church, which means primary for Jack. So, I'm walking down the hall to pick Jack up from Sunbeams and his two teachers (luckily I'm good friends with them) are standing in the door way with these HUGE smiles and say "We need to talk to you." They proceed to tell me how the lesson was on prayer today and that they read a story to the class about a little girl who was having a hard time remembering to say her prayers. When they got to the part where the little girl forgot to say her prayers....Jack exclaimed..."Damn it!" They tried keeping their laughter in until once again they got to the part where the little girl forgot yet another time to say her prayers, so in all Jack's 3 year old animated disbelief he once again shouted..."Damn it!" The sad thing is I probably should have been embarrassed or something but we all just busted up laughing when they told me.

The REAL funny thing is Ted has a similar story that his mom wrote about in his baby book below.

Just in case it is hard to read: "In primary one day about 3 1/2 years he wanted to follow Emily out of the class for some kind of event which resulted in crying for mommy. His teacher said no and he replied under his breath "Damn it." Our secrets were exposed, his teacher thought it was funny."

8 comments:

Lacey said...

That is so funny! I can't stop laughing. Did Jack learn that from mommy or daddy????

Anthony & Lauri said...

Ha! Ha! Yup...generation after generation of "like father like son" That is to funny... :)

Lydia said...

Oh that cracks me up...you gotta just love the things that kids will spurt out in primary! (or any other day of the week)

Emily R said...

i am laughing! like father like son!!! our kids say the "funniest" things too... who knows - i blame those on joe, but i know they hear those things from me too!!! ;)

Heather said...

This is classic Jen.....How awesome that Ted's mom was able to share that with you. Those are the kinds of moments that will be passed down from generation to generation. I can't wait until Jack is older and gets it all.

Beth said...

Hey Jen.. I saw your blog on the Warner's computer while we were visiting recently and wanted to tell you that your pictures are AMAZING. Love all of them and this story made me laugh out loud! :) So funny!

Fife Family said...

This is hilarious! Evan has been starting to say some funny things that he has just picked up on and it just makes me laugh. Nothing too embarrassing yet!

Lacey said...

Hey I'm still working on Nate for New York!! I would love to go to Wicked!!!