Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What the Hail!!


My sister-laws, mother-in law and my mom all did the 36 mile Little Red Robin Hood Charity bike ride. It was pretty fun for the most part. I could have done without the HAIL pounding me while riding and the really sore REAR & LEGS. Luckily the hail only lasted 10 min...Unfortunately, the rear and legs part lasted more like 3 days! Oh well...all for the Breast Cancer cause. Other than those few things I really enjoyed the following:
1. It wasn't a race
2. They had cookies, diet coke and chocolate bars at the rest/aid/ gain 10lbs stations
3. the scenery was beautiful
4. When you crossed the finish line they poured you sparling cider in champagne glasses for a toast.
5. Subway sandwiches and hot chocolate at the finish.
6. Hanging out with the girls!

I wish those other "competitive" races would wake up and start serving cookies instead of bananas!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I need to do more stuff like that...I need people to do it with. That looks so fun!