Monday, June 9, 2008

Rice -a- Roni...The San Francisco Treat!

That was the tune Ted and I couldn't get out of heads our entire trip. Despite the song we still managed to have some fun. I had a wedding on Saturday and Ted joined me for a few days of quality time together....without kiddos! Ted and I RARELY (yeah right) disagree on anything...except for how to spend vacation time. He likes to -go go go...see it all...read every sign and fill his smart little brain with EVEN more knowledge then he already has jammed packed in it. I on the other hand like to....sleep, read, eat, go to the pool, sleep, read, eat...you get the idea. So we did a little of both. The only thing I would never recommend or do EVER again was this stupid 4 HOUR bus tour. The tour guide was a little crazy. Rules like...Turn off cell phones and no talking! If you ABSOLUTELY needed to communicate it was to be done in a WHISPER! and try not to use the bathroom in the back of the bus. What? So I just took a nap instead. We also missed our plane coming home because SOME IDIOT (me) thought we left at 7pm not 7am. Yikes! That was an expensive mistake. After a few tears from an emotional pregnant lady we ended up on a different airline and home at 2am. I'll never make the mistake of leaving the a.m. or p.m. part out of my planner again.....very key info apparently ;)

(p.s. just so you don't think I'm a total jerk when it comes to sight seeing...this was not the first, second or even third time we had been to San Fran and "seen the sights.")

The Painted Ladies
Muir Woods
I left my brain in San Francisco
The view from our room
The wild bus tour
The "I don't want to ask anyone to take our picture shot."
Foggy Golden Gate
Ted letting me be artsy with him

Street Cars
I LOVE this picture
China Town...of course Ted was striking up conversations with everyone he could find that would talk to him in Chinese. I could never have learned that language.

13 comments:

Callie said...

that looks like you had fun, funny we missed each other by a day and that stinks about the flight! i guess you got an extra day to "see the sights!"

Anthony & Lauri said...

Wow...I love the pics!
Hey Ted, you remember when we went to Seattle as a family and all the kids took the "underground tour" with that oh so funny comedian? I'm with you Jen, I like relaxing vacations.

Cherish said...

Lucky! You are such a great photographer! I love the pictures. (It makes me homesick to look at those picture. I lived about 45 min. from SF and we used to go there alot.)
So sad about the flight...I hate when stuff like that happens!
If you ever want a vacation "partner" who will eat, sleep and go to the pool with you..."hollar at your girl!"

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Looks like a fun trip. We have never been to San Fransisco. We need to go someday.

Emily R said...

fun trip!!! so, are you feeling well? excited to see you in a few weeks!!! ;)

Bryn said...

I always love reading your blog, and love seeing your pictures! One day I'll have to take some lessons from you and maybe invest in one of those fancy cameras. Trips without kids are the best, and needed, if you ask me! I'm with ya on the pool, eat, sleep schedule.

Heidi said...

Ok, I am the other way when it comes to trips. I have to see everything and it all has to be planned. I know I am no fun at all. Its my OCD shining through. I love the pictures! Especially the guys who "Needs a beer".

Kristen said...

You lucky! What a nice relaxing weekend...until the ride home. That is the craps...we acutally did that on our way to Florida but it was a 1 hour mistake not 12 ours...so we still made the flight.

Alicia said...

Great pics! Trips like that should happen as often as possible! San Fran is such a great weekend get-away!

Kristen said...

Josh said he would love to design your identity, his email is josh@mendenhalldesign.com

Anonymous said...

So fun. You seriously are an amazing photographer. Isn't it about time to do the Perry photo shoot. Now that the weather is better. What's your early July looking like. I'll call you. Oh and so sorry about the R.S. email. That was me just wishing you were in my ward for 9:00 church.

Lacey said...

I love San Fran! China Town was a little too much for me though. Glad you had a great time. Well i'm glad you made it back safe!

Elena said...

I love SF - or Frisco as I would have called it had I communicated well in the 70s. Tom and I went a few years ago and had a great time. BTW - How did you get your "Blogging Peeps" time thing going?