Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bitter Bitter....Bitter Bitter

When I was growing up if anyone in our family started sulking, pouting, tantrum throwing, whining or anything of the such my parents would promptly start singing "Bitter, Bitter, Bitter, Bitter" To the tune of Bula Bula (and I guess unless your an Eliason or an Allen you probably don't know the tune to Bula Bula) So anyway, sometimes I do it to my boys, because that is what we do right? Pass our cruel family traditions down from one generation to the next. Max HATES it! So I should probably stop doing it, but it is SOOOO cute/funny when he puts his big head straight down into his tiny hands on the floor like "Shut up Mom that isn't helping." Just so you all don't think I'm a complete meany....I always pick him right up and proceed to tickle and kiss his chubby little belly.

8 comments:

Anthony & Lauri said...

Ahhh...he's such a cute chubby lil bunny. He's growning up so fast. I tell ya, where does the time go.

Emily R said...

that is so cute... ok, i will start singing bitter bitter... i love it!

Beth said...

Too funny.. YES, that is what we do to our kids.. do the lame stuff our parents did to us. I dance all the time around my kids -and constantly snap my fingers while dancing - because that's what MY mom did .. and they hate it just like I did. Even at such a young age, they KNOW mommy can't dance. It's a SAD sight. Kyle always looks at me like PLEASE STOP..it's hard to be attracted to you when you do that :)

Lydia said...

one of my favorite things is to catch a picture of a child in 'distress' before you actually do something about it...(thanks for letting us crash here - the T on this thing stinks!)

Eliason Family said...

How funny. The few times that come to mind involve that little sister of ours that always reacted the best to "Bitter Bitter" I loved jackie's awsome reaction to that same song, Then again I am sure I was a real winner myself(Love you Jackie)I Do that on every once in awhile but my fav is the "Eliason Fam. Fun Song" I would make our kids sing it in the Disney Land parking lot before they could get on the tram. Ahh yes the good old days of being an Eliason Child. Thanks for the memories

Jennifer said...

Yeah, jackie was a total sucker for it...then she would fall to floor all dramataic and say, "nobody loves me because I'm the youngest and the ugliest." Good thing she turned out alright in the end ;)

Callie said...

that is so funny, its funny how we can be mean to our kids and know it, but we keep doing it anyway. i guess what goes around comes around.. jk :) anyway, the website looks good and the pictures you took awesome!!!! i have showed pretty anyone who might be interested, jordan looks like a gap ad, I can't wait to see the rest if these few turned out sooo good. I honestly LOVE them! talk to you soon

Lacey said...

He is so cute! That's funny! I think NYC is out. We have a big trip to Mexico planned in a few months that we haven't saved a penny for!! I went and saw wicked in Chicago!!!! Amazing! I hope you enjoy it.