Saturday, August 25, 2007

Babysitting??

There was a time whenever I would go somewhere and needed to leave the kid(s) Ted would ask...."So do you need me to babysit?" Finally, one day....in my sweetest voice EVER I said..."honey, it's not called babysitting when you're the PARENT! I don't "babysit" the kids 5 days a week while you go to work you know." So anyway....we cleared that up real fast ;) I had a wedding today so Ted and the boys headed to the Olympic Park to watch the ski jumpers and hang out with Grandma and Grandpa Turk. I'd say besides the Dr. Pepper .....he did a great job "parenting" today. I'm sad I missed out on all the fun! The video is pretty cool. These guys are amazing!





7 comments:

Lacey said...

That is so funny because I tell Nate that all the time. We went to that show last summer...it's really awesome. You'll have to go sometime!

The Steenhoek Clan said...

I was beginning to wonder about the pic with the Dr. Pepper. Then once I learned that Mommy was not there...well then, that explained everything!!

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

Ok Ted is funny... Sometimes though when i have to run somewhere i say hey chad can you babysit... I know it isnt babysitting when you are the parent.. but i feel like when i ask him to do me the favor of watching.. I reffer to it that way.. STUPID i know...

Ok so i found a site for you to check out... Maybe you could teach classes
http://wsphotoclass.blogspot.com/

Emily R said...

that skier show looks awesome! i can totally imagine you and me out there cause we were totally that good back in the day, right??? jk ;)
that is cute that he took the kiddos. as far as the dr pepper goes... isnt that what makes dads so fun? you know that is why all kids like it when they go out with dad - he is a sucker and gets them whatever they want!!! at least joe does! ;)

Jennifer said...

I know, I know...Dad's are suckers. I really think it is cute..It was just funny they got a picture caught in the act. It's not like Max doesn't have a nice healthy handful of dog food every day on MY ticket. So not sure what's worse the caffine or the dog food ;) Oh and Emily we are soooo that good just a little rusty now after a few kids.

The Steenhoek Clan said...

Hey Jen...don't tell Carrie I put that pregnancy photo on my blog. She'll definitely kill me. That is literally the only pregnancy photo I have of myself. Shhhhh...

Eliason Family said...

Well it is nice to see that I am not the only Husband that made that same mistake. Give us guys a break after all we are missing one Rib... Ha thats awsome!