Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Holiday Cheer"

Tonight I sent Ted to the grocery store for........

THIS
and THIS

and THIS is what else Ted thought we might need....


Before I even saw the loot...Ted said "I had the BEST time at the grocery store tonight."
I knew something was up ;) When I asked how "this" happened. I got...
"you know it's just a little HOLIDAY CHEER Jen."
Ted...you seriously crack me up.

Let me just give you the list so you can get the full affect of what I experienced.

1. Low fat Egg Nog
2. Soy Milk - Pumpkin Spice flavor (K- this kills me since we totally don't even drink soy milk)
3. Three 2L bottle of Diet Coke (thank you- I love you)
3. Oreos - regular
4. Oreo Fudgees
5. Honey roasted nuts
6. Cashews
7. Hershey Minatures
8. Hershey Kisses
9. M&M's (holiday colors)
10. One HUGE Sausage
11. Kipper Snacks -fillets of herring (WHAT?)
12. Sardines (gross)
13. Smoked oysters
14. Martinellis Sparkling Cider - grape flavor
15. Martinellis Sparkling Cider - apple/cranberry flavor
16. Three boxes of Triscuts
17. Rocky Road Ice Cream
18. Cookie dough
19. Crab Cheese Ball

That's my Tedy...gotta love him!

15 comments:

gabe and family said...

Good one Ted. I went out for pizza last night and brought home the three pizzas originally ordered by Becky and the kids as well as one just for fun. Little did I know the Romana pizza I ordered just for fun would have fish on it. Needless to say, it was not a hit. Good luck with the kipper snacks and smoked oysters...

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh, I am seriously giggling. Um, yeah...I'll be over for some Oreos and Diet Coke after church. You can keep the sardines. ;o)

Elena said...

Sardines?! I've gotta get to know that guy better. He cracks me up. That's hilarious.

DTanner said...

Sounds like a party!

Cherish said...

I like the way he thinks! (Minus the sardines and Kipper Snacks.) That is so funny...I say you deserved a little "party" to celebrate the ward party being over. And, hey if you want to spread some of that "holiday cheer"...you know where we live!

Chandra said...

Hey, at least it's LOW FAT Egg Nog! ha ha :-)

Anthony & Lauri said...

that cracks me up...and really you can't not have the holiday cheer, that cheese ball looks yummy. Gotta love the holidays.

Beth said...

ha ha ha! I'm totally on board. Those things ARE my holiday cheer :) (Well, not so much the sardines) Be right over....

(And don't ya love Grandma Sycamore bread? It's soooo good and makes the best toast :)

Beth said...

ha ha ha! That's funny that you were up too... I am sick right now and it's hard to breathe which makes sleeping hard and all I can take is TYLENOL (ugh) - not helpin.

Emily R said...

well maybe now you have something to reference when you just go to the mall wanting some holiday cheer... ;)
but that is funny. hope you enjoy the party. whatever do you have in mind for the pumpkin soy milk? i would gladly help you eat everything else.

Heather said...

Jen:
I told my Mom about your post and she told me that Ted reminded her of Grandpa. She said that Grandma would send him to the store for the staples(bread, eggs, and milk) and he always came home with goodies, usually ice cream and cookies, but always oysters for his Oyster Stew(I think your Dad does the Oyster Stew thing too, right?). So Ted fits right in with the Eliasons.

Great post, Javier and I both laughed about it for a good 5 minutes.

The DAY Ohana said...

Umm... That's Cody to a "T"... they must have gone on the same mission! that's awesome you documented it with pictures!

Deb Dowdle said...

Jen, you are so creative! My goodness. By the way, we got your Christmas card/baby announcement ... ridiculous! I I'm not surprised ... but come on! Do you do anything bad?

Love ya!

Deb

eightloves said...

This is so hilarious!!! He is just as weak as I am... my list has the essentials but extras always seem to sneak into the cart. I went to the store a few days ago for Ambrosia ingredients and came back with two bras, icecream and other goodies... Love it!

Brian Miller said...

Now THATS what I'M talkin bout, big T! A man after my own heart. A woman will never send their hubs to the store when he's hongray! Have you tried ginger beer?