Saturday, July 5, 2008

I HEART Ted


Happy Anniversary to us. It's funny how your perception of "True Love" changes over the years. It seems like every year that passes with Ted the things I think equal TRUE LOVE become different things.

LIKE....
when we first met on this singles Water Ski trip I thought....
"Wow, that guy can really lay down some sweet rooster tails....it must be TRUE LOVE."
OR...
"This Ted character is quite the skiier...This is for sure TRUE LOVE."
and when.....
Almost every one of our dates revolved around the Olympic events or Concerts...
I for sure thought..."TRUE LOVE."


AND...when he always left me cute little notes and messages...well, of course...
"TRUE LOVE"

then when he asked me to marry him.....come on! who gets married unless it's...."TRUE LOVE."

Now, things are different. Don't get me wrong I still love that Ted is a maniac on the slopes and love to water-ski with him on those off years when I don't happen to be pregnant but I'm finding the things that define "TRUE LOVE" to me are the simplest things.

LIKE...
Ted's cousins shaving his head into a Mohawk hours before a family wedding reception last week! TRUE LOVE...right?
When he thinks he is Randy Jackson and while I'm singing says stuff to me like:
"those were some MAD VOCALS dawg."
or
"Yeah, I don't know dawg...it was a little pitchy for me."

and when the boys ask him for something.....
"It's gonna be a no for me dawg."


and sweet little moments with our boys. TRUE LOVE.
And finally, the #1 reason it's TRUE LOVE....he cleans the bathrooms for me just because he knows how much I HATE cleaning bathrooms.

Happy Anniversary Tedy!!

5 comments:

Bryn said...

True love is for sure cleaning bathrooms. Mine would be folding and putting away laundry. This was such a cute post! It was about time to post some new stuff! Happy Anniversary guys!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

I love it! Happy Aniversary you guys! I remember your guys dating days and talking to Ted about you. It brings back membories!

McCartneys said...

This is such a cute post-- how longs it been anyways?
I cant believe how big Max is already . Good for you on the swimming lessons. Im definately doing that with Emily. Congrats. on the Anniversary.

Beth said...

GREAT pics and I totally agree.. The meaning of TRUE LOVE changes with time. It's not so much whether they're hot anymore, but whether they vacuum and clean. I am ALL ABOUT having someone clean the bathroom too. Definitely part of my definition of true love...Kyle is never more attractive than when he's bending over cleaning that toilet. :)

David Fife said...

you guys are awesome!
FIFEDIGG