Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mommy Questions gone BAD

So I saw this on my friend Bryn's blog last week and I thought to myself....
"That is so sweet, I've just got to do that with Jack."
So I go down the hall all excited and interrupt Jack who is happily playing with his transformers and say...
"Hey Jack, come in my office I want to play a little game with you and ask you some questions."

I should have known things would not turn out as PERFECTLY as I had imagined them in my mind.

This is the picture I took of him about half way through the questions. He is totally into this Mother/Son moment.

1. What is something mom always says to you?
“ this is not a game mom.”
2. What makes mom happy?
Uhh, I snuggle with you.”
3. What makes mom sad?."
“When I do bad things.”
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
“burp things.” (K-that is so not true)
5. What was your mom like as a child?
“a girl.”
6. How old is your mom?
“26.” Sweet!
7. How tall is your mom?
“I don’t know”
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
“I don’t know, I don’t want to do this okay.”
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
“I don’t know, just nothing.”
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
“I’m just done okay.”
11. What is your mom really good at?
“I want to go play, I don’t want to do this.”
12. What is your mom not very good at?
"Mom, come on, I don’t want to do this.”
13. What does your mom do for her job?
“Take pictures”
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Oreos” -those are jack and ted's favorite food. I won't deny I can put away entire box of girl scout thin mints in a single sitting though ;)
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Oreos
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
“bumble bee.” {The transformer}
17. What do you and your mom do together?
We make sandwich stuff and Oreo stuff.”
18. How are you and your mom the same?
"I don’t want to do this anymore."
19. How are you and your mom different?
“baseball.”
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
“I just don’t want to do this anymore.”

16 comments:

Heidi said...

That was so funny. I can totally see it playing out! I love it, "This is not a game mom." First question in, and he is already done:)I am going to have to do this with my kids now.

DTanner said...

LOL! I love it. I am scared of what my kids would say. :O

Van Cott Family said...

That's great! At least he hung in there right?! Sort of :) and I hear ya on the thin mints but AZ seems to have a shortage of girl scouts, I didn't see any last fall, isn't that when they usually sell them?
--Julie

Lydia said...

oh come on Jen, we all know you burp things! jk (kinda), that was really funny though. I think that picture just says it all.

Elena said...

I'm so laughing right now. That's exactly how my boys would act.

Anonymous said...

So hilarious. There is a definate difference between boys and girls. Our girls wanted more questions after we were done and he was ticked at question one. So funny. That boy is going to be so bugged with girls who just want to talk. Seriously I am in hysterics right now. Love that kid. Give him props for being honest though.

Emily R said...

that was SOOO cute. LOVE IT!!! i want to do that w/my kiddos...

Bryn said...

That was so GREAT! Thanks for the laugh! I have to say that I've always been a Jack fan but now it's even more now that he and Raegan are little buddies. He's a good kid even if he wont humor you by answering your questions. I love that you posted them just the way they were answered. there were 2 questions I asked Raegan and her answer was "I don't know" and I made her re-answer them.
Raegan told me that Kameron tried to get her and Jack to kiss but they didn't do it because her lips were "too sharp". I hope her lips stay sharp for awhile.
Loved that!

Lacey said...

Most everything I do in life is not how I plan it turning out. Very Cute still.

Kristen said...

How fitting...he is a crack up. and I love the picture to animate the story even more.

Beth said...

ha ha ha ha! Having the picture in my mind while reading his answers had me totally laughing out loud! :) Kids don't always give us those sweet moments we expect huh? Too funny...

DTanner said...

Not quite as sore as the first time I tried it with no success. Now if I could just get comfortable with the board. Yes, try the waffles... yummy! The recipe said the chocolate ones were good with powdered sugar. Are you going to find out what this baby is?

Lindsey said...

That was too funny! I told j-nett we will have to try it with her kids since mine aren't old enough yet. When is your baby due? By the way Congrats!!!

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

ok seriously.. TIME FOR AN UPDATE.. tell you what.. IF you update.. I WILL.. I want to see more pics and what you have been up to.. MISS YOU.. I hope we really do get to hang out in Sept for a "Girls Weekend"

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

ok seriously.. TIME FOR AN UPDATE.. tell you what.. IF you update.. I WILL.. I want to see more pics and what you have been up to.. MISS YOU.. I hope we really do get to hang out in Sept for a "Girls Weekend"

Monica said...

Your boys are so dang cute! I am hoping you have a girl this time... they are so much fun! :)

Monica