Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sorry Charlie

Quietly, Ted and I hoovered over Charlie as his nurse took out the last of his tubes and tape so we could go home when we heard her say..."Sorry Charlie." Our eyes all met at the same time and we busted out in laughter. In that moment we both realized the fate of this poor kid....

"Can I have another cookie"
-Sorry Charlie

"Can I stay up late"
-Sorry Charlie

"Can I take the car tonight"
-Sorry Charlie

Charlie Jay Turcsanski
(don't EVEN think about calling him CJ)
8lbs 1 oz 19.5 in
11-11-08 3:00pm


Shortly after Charlie was born my nurse came in to check on me and noticed Charlie was having some trouble breathing and said she wanted to take him to do a quick "little" oxygen test. About an hour after that Ted and the nurse came back and informed me that he was going to be needing a slew of other things done and would need to stay in the NICU. I was pretty calm about everything until I went to visit him for the first time and saw him like this.....
It was the strangest thing having what I thought was a perfectly healthy baby leave my room only to see him an hour later with this machine hooked to him pumping air into his lungs. Of course my hormones were on an absolute rampage so that didn't help and the flood gates just wouldn't quit. Later that night the doctor gave us a lot of explanation on everything and that really helped. He assured us that Charlie just needed a little more time in the hospital and it was nothing life threatening or permanent.




I love baby FEET!




Max has actually been so sweet with the baby even though he seems a little bugged in this picture.


Jack and Charlie holding fingers

Grandma Lynda and Grandpa Jack

Grandma Cathy

23 comments:

TURKS said...

We are so glad that everything is well with little charlie. Congratulations. We can't wait to see him. By the way, you look great!!

Anthony & Lauri said...

Ya, I got Sorry Lauri a lot myself. :) The babe is looking good. Can't wait to meet him.

p.s. Happy Belated Birthday.

Fife Family said...

Congratulations! What a cutie, and you all look fantastic!

Kristy said...

Oh Jen...he is so darling! I'm so glad that everything is okay. Please, please let me know if there is ANYTHING we can do for you!

Elena said...

i like him already. i hate that you had a scare like that, but am so happy all is well now. kiss little charlie for me and then go take a nap.

Julie said...

Jen-
He is adorable! My boys thought it was so fun to see Jack with his new baby brother. Congrats and we are so glad Charlie is doing better.
Love,
The Kings

Alicia said...

You do boys so well! Congrats on his safe arrival! Here's to yellow poop and lots of sleep!

DTanner said...

Congrats Turk Family! Sorry to hear that your beginning was so traumatic. I am glad that things are all well now. Lots of love! Welcome baby Charlie!

Monica said...

You make such cute boys! Deana and I were just saying how we are so jealous you look so dang good after giving birth! :) Congrats to you and your family!

Cherish said...

He is so cute! I am glad you are home and everything is okay with Charlie. That is always so emotional and streesful to try and deal with something like that when you are exhaused, "sore", and overwhelmed with so many emotions that having a new baby brings.
Can't wait to hold him! Let me know if I can do anything to help you guys.

Alicia Fife said...

Wow Ted and Jen... Awesome. What an exciting time. Congrats.

Bryn said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable! Really! I'm so glad that everything was alright and he was able to come home soon. I can't wait to see him in person. Let me know if I can do anything.

Camille said...

Congratulations, Jen! How scary to see someone so tiny on such big machines, but I'm glad everything turned out ok. Enjoy that little one!

David Fife said...

we love you guys

David Fife said...

we love you guys

Lacey said...

Congrats! Ted sent us a text that day. I'm glad everything is okay. Can't wait to see him!

Deb Dowdle said...

Three amazing boys! I can just see them all grown up doing super human extreme sports right beside their totally extreme happenin' parents. What a family!

Happy future!

Deb

The Steenhoek Clan said...

Yeah...finally the pictures! I've been checking everyday. Love the name. It fit so well with the other two boys. He's beautiful. You look great too in the pics! You might not think so, but you do. You know I would not say it if I didn't mean it! I love the pic with Charlie and your mom smiling at him. Precious. Hope both of you are on the mending and resting at home. Congrats.

Charlene said...

he's a handsome boy! ok, when I saw that picture of him hooked up to the machines... I cried! I'm glad he's home and doing well. loves to you!
charlene

Beth said...

Awwwwww! That is JUST what I needed! Feeling yucky for three months makes you forget why it's worth it... it IS worth it. Thanks for the reminder. He is perfect and adorable! And, I LOOOOOVE his name! Congratulations!

Emily R said...

congrats!!! he is so precious!!! i love that his name is charlie. i can totally picture all the future sorry charlies....

Tara Smart said...

Congrats guys! He's so cute. Hope he is doing better.
Tara

Loni said...

Congrats Jen!!! You look wonderful for just having a baby. I thing I stay looking pregnant for at least a month after having a baby. :) But then again you always look great!