Monday, September 8, 2008

Big Brotheritis

The last few months I have just been loving the relationship between Max and Jack. I know things won't always be this cute between them but I'm just going to soak it up while I can. I love listening in on Jack talking to Max and how Max just hangs on every thing Jack does and says. At 18 months Max gave up his sippy, crib, highchair and booster seat all because Jack does not use any of those. He wants to be a Big Boy sooooo bad and many tantrums are a result of him not being able to ride a two-wheeler bike yet.

Jack just learned to snap, in this first picture I LOVE LOVE how Max is leaning toward Jack listening to the faint little sound of his SNAP with an expression that says it all. You can often find Max trailing behind Jack making a clicking sound with his mouth but moving his fingers like he is really snapping.

Max trying to figure out how Jack climbed up.
"My turn!"


Until I can figure what I am doing with the bunk bed vs. trundle bed decision and since Max refuses the crib the boys have been sleeping in Jack's twin bed together. One night Max was being fussy and having a hard time going to sleep when Ted and I overhead this little bedtime song from Jack. It's pretty dark and the volume isn't the best but it just melts my heart.

11 comments:

Elena said...

I LOVE the relationship brothers can have. We have a quote up in Scott & Jake's room that says " Because I have a brother, I always have a friend". Those pictures are amazing - you have a gift.

Monica said...

Awww how sweet, they can be so sweet sometimes, huh?

Fife Family said...

Aww, that is adorable. In a couple years that will be Max and your new baby! That sibling connection is just priceless- especially at that age!

The DAY Ohana said...

AWWW! that is so so precious! Jack's such a great big brother!

Cherish said...

I love those pictures! When I grow up I want to be a photographer like you :) That video is priceless...so sweet! What an awesome big brother.

Bryn said...

That is the sweetest thing!!!! I think thats funny about the two-wheeler, I just saw you today with Max on the two-wheeler. Soon you'll have three of those cute boys running around. Hopefully Jack will always be a good example for his little followers!
I love your pictures, one day I'll learn.

Tami Vincent said...

so cute. I love those 2. I can't wait to see what dude #3 looks and acts like.

Kristy said...

You rock my world with your photos sister! Wow. Yeah...maybe one day I'll be like you.

You should check out Tracey's latest video he did of the kids. Bubble boogers and all. He was going to take it out, but I said "no way!" That's real life.

Actually I don't think the full bubble booger one is posted yet.

Anyhow at least someone in our family has creative photography related genes.

Here's the link if you wanna peek.
http://leevlog.blogspot.com/

Can't wait to see photos of that new baby!

Emily R said...

love the pics. those brothers sure love eachother. cute song too... makes you want to have a million kids huh ;)
see ya sooN!!!!

Fife Family said...

Hey, I got your comment and we will be at Disneyland on Thursday the 25th. We should totally meet up if you're there that day. Let me know what your plan is and also if you need our cell #.

McCartneys said...

Jen, I have heard of Love and Logic before. I had another friend who loved also. I dont think they have classes in Louisiana. Im gonna look though. Where did you get the CD? That would be much easier then a book for me . Do you know if there is a specific website?
I love the bedtime song by Jack, that is so sweet. If I EVER get pregnant maybe Emily will be a good big sister!!! I HOPE !