Thursday, December 13, 2007

The "Other" side of the lens

Today I had the thrilling experience to be on the other side of the camera lens. We had your typical crazy morning because, of course we were taking pictures. Max has been sick. I'd already rescheduled once before in hopes he would feel better so I was bound and determined to make this work with a sick baby and the current temp at 2 degrees! (well not really 2 degrees but it felt like it). We raced out the door and were on our way to pick Ted up from work when I had a little "mother prompting" to turn around and get some spare clothes for Max and take the shirt off he was going to wear for pictures. About 5 minutes later...disaster! You know what EVERYWHERE. So I pulled off the side of the road and began clean-up using the only thing I had on hand. An entire package of baby wipes. En route I realized I left Ted's jeans at home, so I made the embarassing call to our photographer..."Uhh Tiff, sorry we're going to be a little late (I HATE WHEN PEOPLE ARE LATE TO PHOTOSHOOTS! Don't they know were dealing with a limited time frame on light! gesh!) so yeah, Tiff we're going to be a little late, we gotta stop at the Mall and pick Ted up some jeans....please say you'll still be my friend." Fortunately, she agreed that our friendship would not be over. PHEW. I'm not sure how long we were out in the cold but I'm pretty sure Max will be either crying, looking away or lying his head down in every picture. I'm such a crappy mom for dragging him out in the cold (please don't report me to CSS). Jack did great as my seasoned model making sure he NEVER said "Cheese" with that crazy face and eyes closed look. Ted was a good sport and tolerated it all. In the end it wasn't so bad, but I did make a solemn pledge to TED and the gang that we will never be last on my list again and next year we will be taking pictures in the summer or at the beach with a minimum temperature of 70 degrees. Thanks Tiff you rule!

10 comments:

Tami Vincent said...

I cant wait to see your pictures. Im sure you look so great. We all have been in that situation or something like it, so dont feel to bad.

Elena said...

Family pictures are horrid. I don't know how you did it as a photographer. So stressful.

Mrs. Driscoll said...

sounds like FUN!! What's your dad's old saying? We're having some fun now - there must have been some sarcasm there. Only parents can understand the pure torture we put ourselves through for the right memories!!

Jared and Casi said...

I thought that was you. I was taking Lily to the doctor and I thought to myself "I think that was Jen" Sorry to hear the reason you had to stop. I hate it when it happens in the car. I swear I smell it for months even after scrubbing everything down a hundred times. Hope Max is feeling better.

Bryn said...

I hope your pictures still turn out, even with the disaster! Really nothing is worse than throw-up, no matter where it is! I feel for ya! You'll laugh later, right?!

Van Cott Family said...

It's times like that on the side of the road the make me thing "I totally signed up for this???!!!" Way to pull it together! I am sure your pics turned out great I hope to see them on your blog if possible.
--julie vc

Van Cott Family said...

It's times like that on the side of the road the make me thing "I totally signed up for this???!!!" Way to pull it together! I am sure your pics turned out great I hope to see them on your blog if possible.
--julie vc

Emily R said...

cant wait to see them! dont you LOVE family pics! at least you listened to that mother prompting... poor baby...

Kristen said...

That I won't report you...I took my 2 year old on a scary 4 wheeler ride this weekend...he was wearing a helmet, does that count? I am glad we're not the only ones that function like the griswalds.

Beth said...

Just got your Christmas card.. IT ROCKS. I hope you feel like it was worth the crazy day because it turned out AWESOME. LOVE IT. And, by the way, your hair looks rockin' too... :)

Oh, and another by the way, I was a total flake and didn't send out Christmas cards this year.. so don't think we forgot you. I'm a loser :)