Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I picked Jack up from preschool on Friday and he got in the car so excited! He could hardly wait to hand me this....
The look on his face, his cute smile and sense of pride in what he had made. I immediately started balling! That is when I got it...you know that same feeling that I'm sure all of our Mother's had when we gave them cute little drawings or pictures we had made that they so proudly hung on the refrigerator. Here is one I dug up from the old albums that I made my mom when I was about Jack's age.

Mom I love you! Thanks for being such a great example of the kind of mom I hope I am to my boys. I remember I used to sing that song "When I grow up, I want to be a Mother" I think the song later goes on to say she would have "Six little blessings from above." Not quite sure if that's gonna happen but... I'm so glad I grew up to be a mother. I love being a Mom! I love my boys and I especially love their daddy.


4 comments:

Emily R said...

So cute jen!
i dont think i have anything from when i was little... maybe it is in storage somewhere..
but i dont keep anything my kids give me, well, maybe i keep like 3 things a year, but i am the worst. you motivate me to keep those treasures though! i will just have to make a box for each kid and keep it in the attic

Lacey said...

Hey Ted Miami Vice called they want there pants back. Oh yeah the farmers flooding season should be over by May so you should be ok. JK big man i love ya. Call me up cuz my guitar hero skillz are bringing the thunder. Nate

Cherry Allen said...

I am laughing - you are motivating me to keep those treasures too... Sarah' made a cut out picture of a rocket ship yesterday she said it was for Luke and he loved it... I should take a photo, since I know the paper won't last long.

Ted - I think I like the Miami Vice pants...

Lydia said...

ok Jen, I've been checking your blog for the past few days to see if you've posted pics from your trip to HI.....I wanna see all the fun you girls had with all your kids. So whenever your ready....... no pressure though.